Well first of all a major hats off to rev at enemies. it’s been utterly fascinating to watch him grapple with some of the questions I’ve posed here, and he’s an excelent example of how to walk the left hand path in a rightious way.
That said, I feel like maybe it’s time to dispell some confusion about my stance on certain things, and maybe spell out some of my intent of what AB is supposed to be about, because make no mistake there is a very clear purpose here. I don’t think it’s beneficial to dot every I and cross every T because that keeps guys like rev from filling in the blanks in an ideosyncratic way and robs them of that chance to grow a bit. But I see I’m spending a fair bit of time correcting people who are misreading what my position or backround is and that costs me time and them time which could be better spent contemplating what I say, rather than examining my intent.
So with out further pagentry here’s the scoop on zac for the puposes of AB
* I am currently a buddhist. I have recently taken my vows as a disciple of my order, which basicly makes me a novice monk. Thankfully the order is fairly liberal so I get to keep my girlfriend, and I can get away with swearing a lot if it serves a purpose. Basically as long as I’m not murdering people and shooting smack in class, it’s all good. For health reasons and personal prefference I no longer do any drugs, try not to swear or lie if I can help it and maintain a monogomous realtionship with my lovely girl, Alaina.
* I have in the past and still do entertain deep afffection for the occult in all forms. Buddhism as I know it is the ultimate anti-dogma, so there are no off limits areas of inquiry for me and never have been. I have done shamanic drugs, practiced chaos magick, and studied hermetic and crowleyan sorcery, kabbalah, yoga, chi kung, and at least looked at every major religion and most of the minor ones.
* I have practiced the martial arts for several years now. I hold a dan rank in the Bujinkan system and my buddhist teacher has been sharing a brand of indonesian wu kung with me for a few years now as well.
* I consider myself firmly in the perrenial tradition, which means that I agree that most of the major religions draw on the same core ideas and experiences and that there is only one godhead, with many manifestations. In this regard I am firmly in the camp of Ken Wilber, spiral dynamics and the integral current of spirituality.
* I have recently come to examine traditionalist ideas relating to cyclical time and the related conception of ages in degeneration. Partly this is a way to explain the contradiction between the observed truth that individual humans do evolve spiritualy, but most don’t get far, and the apparent fact that society and the spiritual order of the world is in worse shape than it has ever been.
* As a way of understanding the prior point, as well as observed events in the material world, I have come to at least provisionally accept the counter-initiation thesis of Rene Guenon. My current working theory is the energy of the goodhead descending into the world is like a very long wave form and that the peaks form the great spiritual highs of our history, while the troughs result in a closing down of spiritual awareness and a resulting degeneration of human civilisation which seems to occur in a cyclical fashion.
* As both a side effect, and contributing factor to this cycle, I am quite convinced at this stage that the decline of spiritual force in the world manifests as a malignant corruptive current of counter-initiates who seem to thrive in the environment of degeneration. While I believe that god encompasses all, and there is no true dualism, in practice these darkside adepts are ‘against’ the manifestation of the godhead consciousness on earth, and in that way help drive the cyclical nature of human time. These would be your ‘Archons’ your ‘left-hand’ perverts and murderers, and institutional corruptors and purveyors of false consciousness of every stripe. Examining the nature of these creatures is one of my primary foci, as should be obvious by now.
* While I believe the ultimate nature of the godhead is unconditional love and infinite light, there are a multitude of lower order entities and forces that for all intents and purposes are ‘morally neutral’ at the very least and perhaps even outright malevolent. I would regard all these entities as ultimately outside the comprehension of human morality and their fuctioning is more likely analogous to an ecosystem of checks and balances, which we can choose to interpret in a moral or ethical way.
* I am firmly commited to the manifestation of the godhead consciousness on earth, which places me totally and irrevocably in opposition to the counter-intiatory current, while at the same time I realise that we are both the workings of the same system and that in all likelihood it is just a game on the way to true enlightenment. Alchemical Braindamage proceeds from that premise.
There’s a lot more to my particular picture, but I wouldn’t want to spoil anything unneccisarily.
now that I’ve found my feet, and completed the housekeeping chores, the best is yet to come, after all…